A True TAP Use Case: Services Request Intake
We’ll be honest: We looked for statistics about how many legal services requests a typical Legal Operations department or law firm fields every year, and it’s impossible to find at-large research on the subject. But in our own experience with our own customers, it can number in the hundreds. For simple services like NDAs for a large or global company? That can mean thousands of requests a year.
The sheer volume of requests a legal department has to deal with can lead to lost or mishandled requests. Not to mention how it’s labor-intensive, which drives up costs. So there’s a crying demand for a better way to manage this process, and legal workflow automation can step up to answer the call.
In the case of the ThinkSmart Automation Platform (TAP), we’ve built a specific Use Case for applying workflow automation to the Service Request Intake process.
Thanks to TAP’s ability to integrate with other platforms and systems, efficiencies happen across the board.
An Example? Service Requests can be integrated, via this workflow, with your e-billing and matter management systems, so they’re all on the same (intake) page at the same time.
Design and launch automated online forms and workflows for Legal Operations capable of efficiently managing legal services requests.
By building forms and associated workflows to manage legal services requests using TAP, Legal Ops teams can accurately handle even high request volumes:
- Individual online self-service forms can be easily designed and made available for submitting legal services requests.
- Once a request has been submitted, it’s routed to the proper Legal Ops stakeholders/gatekeepers for review.
- Tracking and auditing of the request and fulfillment process is automated, allowing better governance and compliance.
- Notifications and alerts can be dispatched to process participants and stakeholders at pre-designated points throughout the intake process.
- Request intake workflows can easily integrate with other systems, such as e-billing and matter management processes.
- Self-service forms provide a quick and standardized request intake process, eliminating errors and waste.
- Process acceleration improves Legal Ops agility and responsiveness.
- Real-time oversight permits performance analysis and improvement of the entire process.
- Automated workflow archiving ensures auditability of workflows and assets.
- Drives greater efficiency, accountability and a superior user experience for the legal department and business partners.
Want to find out about other Legal Ops workflow Use Cases using TAP?