Legal Operations Use Case
Design a workflow to manage the process of requesting, drafting, reviewing and authorizing outside counsel Retention Agreements.
- Using online forms, users enter pertinent information about prospective outside counsel, either in A) a request for Retention Agreement form or B) by directly drafting a Retention Agreement.
- Intuitive form/document-building interfaces assure standardization via pre-approved templates with embedded business logic.
- Workflows are customizable to Legal Operations needs.
- Requests and/or Agreements are accurately routed to proper stakeholders for review and approval.
- Automated notifications and alerts ensure timely collaboration from stakeholders.
- Approved Retention Agreements can be automatically routed to outside counsel for approval and secure e-signature.
- Self-service interfaces and workflow automation ensures efficiency and acceleration of the process, typically to a fraction of the time of paper-based workflows.
- Need for review and gatekeeping by internal counsel is reduced, cutting costs.
- Real-time reporting and tracking of all workflows in a centralized environment drives superior governance.
- Standardization of forms, documents and workflows minimizes errors.
- All workflows are automatically backed up to a secure Cloud archive, and easily accessible for audit purposes.
“TAP is a cornerstone of our legal IT infrastructure. It would be one of the first tools I’d implement if I were starting from scratch. It’s transformational.”
Former Senior Director of Global Legal Operations, Yahoo