Software Access Requests
Information Technology Use Case
Design a workflow for managing requests for access to an organization’s software platforms or databases.
- Online self-service forms are customizable in TAP to capture all necessary information.
- The workflow can be tailored to alert the right stakeholder/administrators once a request for access has been submitted.
- Rules and embedded business logic can be embedded in forms/workflow to pre-filter requests.
- Automated reminders ensure prompt administrative review of requests, if necessary.
- Status updates can be sent to requesters at various steps in the review process.
- Mobile access lets workflow participants access and act remotely.
- Approvals can trigger notifications to requester and user(s), and trigger other workflows, such as training and orientation.
- Centralized dashboard provides visibility into all software requests within the organization, either current or historical.
- All workflow records, assets and documentation are centrally stored in a secure Cloud repository for later audit and analysis.
- Form and workflow automation within a single system equals consistency of processes, saving time and costs.
- Customizability means all forms and workflows are adapted to enterprise need.
- Centralized monitoring permits real-time security oversight and governance of who has access to enterprise platforms.
- Audits and analysis of software requests can be done in detail thanks to automatic archiving of workflow records and data.
“We are pleased with the flexibility of the TAP tool and how we can utilize it to meet our business needs. The responsiveness of the ThinkSmart team and their readiness to come up with multiple options to solve each business challenge made this a great experience.”
Senior Credit Analyst/AR Supervisor, Electronic Arts