New User Onboarding
Information Technology Use Case
Develop a workflow to streamline the setup of a new employee (or other user) for enterprise IT services.
- Online self-service forms are customizable in TAP to capture all pertinent information.
- The user (typically someone in HR) completes and submits forms to initiate the workflow.
- The request is routed to the proper managers or other specified personnel for review, in designated sequence.
- If the request is approved, an email is automatically sent to the IT helpdesk, and can be used to trigger a new ticket containing all information provided by HR and others.
- IT technicians can be automatically assigned and notified of the new task.
- Onboarding forms allow IT to record what devices/software/access the new user has been provided, plus passwords and other salient info.
- Completion notices are automatically sent to designated personnel.
- Automated reminders ensure prompt action by all participants.
- Status updates can be sent to requesters at various steps in the process.
- Mobile access lets workflow participants access and act remotely.
- Centralized dashboard provides visibility into all IT onboardings within the organization.
- All workflow records, assets and documentation are centrally stored in a secure repository for audit and analysis.
- New users can be onboarded in minutes or hours, versus days, for immediate productivity.
- Obtaining accurate requirements via automated forms eliminates errors and back-and-forth communication.
- Form and workflow automation within a single system equals consistency of processes, saving time and costs.
- Expedited responsiveness promotes improved employee morale.
- Customizability means all forms and workflows are adapted to enterprise need.
- Any changes to enterprise processes or protocols can be reflected in revised workflows almost immediately.
“We are pleased with the flexibility of the TAP tool and how we can utilize it to meet our business needs. The responsiveness of the ThinkSmart team and their readiness to come up with multiple options to solve each business challenge made this a great experience.”
Senior Credit Analyst/AR Supervisor, Electronic Arts