Hardware & Software Requests
Information Technology Use Case
Draft a process for managing requests for hardware or software, and allow those requests and items to be tracked by the organization.
- Online self-service requests can be customized in TAP to capture all necessary information.
- Once a request for hardware or software has been submitted, the workflow routes it to the right stakeholder/administrators for review in designated sequence.
- Rules and embedded business logic can be embedded in forms/workflow to pre-filter requests.
- Approvals can trigger other workflows such as hardware/software training or procurement.
- Integration with IT asset tracking systems can create a record of hardware and software assignment.
- Automated reminders ensure prompt administrative review of requests, as needed.
- Status updates can be sent to requesters at various steps in the review process.
- Mobile access lets workflow participants access and act remotely.
- Centralized dashboard provides visibility into all requests within the organization, either current or historical.
- All workflow records, assets and documentation are centrally stored in a secure Cloud repository for later audit and analysis.
- Requests can be handled in minutes or hour versus days.
- Capturing accurate requirements via automated forms eliminates errors and back-and-forth communication.
- Form and workflow automation within a single system ensures consistency of processes, driving cost and time savings.
- Customizability means all forms and workflows are adapted to enterprise need.
- Centralized monitoring permits real-time security oversight and governance of IT assets.
- Audits and analysis of requests can be done in detail thanks to automatic archiving of workflow records and data.
“We are pleased with the flexibility of the TAP tool and how we can utilize it to meet our business needs. The responsiveness of the ThinkSmart team and their readiness to come up with multiple options to solve each business challenge made this a great experience.”
Senior Credit Analyst/AR Supervisor, Electronic Arts