The ultimate in trusted workflows.
Immutable, compliant audit trails
BlockAudit allows TAP workflow audit trail data to be stored on a private blockchain, allowing for client ownership of data, enhanced compliance, and rock solid data integrity. Using BlockAudit, workflow audit trail is seamlessly stored on a private Ethereum blockchain, consisting of members of the TAP business network.
Each transaction on the blockchain is verified by an algorithm that requires consensus among network participants, creating an environment where clients are in control of their data. Storing audit trail data on a blockchain provides never-before-seen benefits in security and compliance for TAP users.
- Immutability: It is easily provable that audit trail data has not been modified over time
- Ownership: Access your audit trail data in your own IT-controlled environment
- Compliance: Increased compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulation by proving ownership and immutability of transactions
Cryptographically sign more secure documents
BlockSign is an extension to TAP eSignature functionality which allows users to cryptographically sign documents, and stores the documents and signatures on the blockchain.
How’s it work?
- Using Ethereum smart contracts, each document created by TAP eSignature is represented by a companion “smart contract” on the blockchain.
- As a user signs a document in the web UI, he/she is directed to also sign the smart contract (using a browser plugin like MetaMask) using his/her private key, which only they possess.
- If the smart contract verifies the private key matches the expected signer address on the contract, then the blockchain signature is considered valid.
BlockSign thus provides an additional layer of security through mapping signers to public/private key pairs, and also ensures the record of each signature is immutable and recorded on the blockchain.
- Enhanced security through signing of contracts using private keys
- Storage of signatures and document content on the blockchain, signature events are easily viewed and immutable
- Ability to interact with the smart contract through a web interface
- Clients can host one or multiple nodes and participate in the blockchain network to ensure their signature data is available within their firewall and protected by their IT
Managed document data
BlockContract allows users to interact with TAP workflow documents through the blockchain. Each BlockContract document is represented by a smart contract on a private Ethereum blockchain and associated with the parent TAP workflow.
Thus, BlockContract lets clients maintain control over their workflow documents, and creates an authoritative log of any version updates throughout the lifecycle.